Last Updated on April 17, 2019
We may update or change this Policy from time to time. The updates or changes are effective immediately upon being posted. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy. By continuing to access or use any websites, services or online portals after those changes become effective, you acknowledge and consent to the updated version.
Information that we collect
GTI may collect and receive your personal data when you access or use our websites, services or online portals. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Specific examples include the following:
• Registration and profile information.
• Contact information.
• Information collected by using cookies.
How we use your personal data
GTI may use the collected personal data to:
- Facilitate your account administration and use of the operation of the website, services or online portals;
- Process your request or assist you in completing a transaction;
- Provide you with information or services you request, including our product documentation;
- Contact you for feedback to enable us to develop, customize, and improve the website, online portal and our publications, products, and services;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests, or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to Customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services;
- Perform screening for export compliance purposes;
- Protect the rights of GTI, GTI’s customers and others;
- Enforce GTI’s agreements, policies, and terms and conditions;
- Investigate and help prevent security threat, fraud or other malicious actions;
- Comply with laws, subpoena, court order, and other legal process; and
- Pursue any other legitimate business interests.
Sharing with third parties
GTI may share your personal data only as described below.
- Compliance with laws. We may disclose your personal data as required by law when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (i) protect the rights of GTI, our customers, and others; (ii) enforce our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threat, fraud, or other malicious actions; or (iv) comply with a regulation, subpoena, court order, or similar legal process.
- Service providers. We may engage with service providers to perform business functions. Examples include performing export screening, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal data with our corporate affiliates, parents, or subsidiaries.
- Change in business. We may share your personal data in connection with an acquisition, merger, or sale of all or a substantially all of our assets.
- Other than set out above, we will notify you if your personal data might be disclosed or shared, and you will be provided with an opportunity to choose not to share your personal data.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The retention period depends on the type of data collected and the purpose for such collection.
GTI maintains appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the personal data we collect from you. These safeguards are designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction of collected data.
Such measures include, but are not limited to, logical data segregation, data encryption, network security, security logging and monitoring, envelope encryption model, limited employee access rights, security cameras, badge-required workplace, and regular third-party penetration testing.
While we take reasonable efforts to protect your personal data, no security system is perfect. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that any collected personal data is absolutely safe.
Click here to view our Cookies Policy.
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives certain rights to European individuals in relation to their personal data. You may have similar rights under the laws of other countries. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the Contact details below.
- The right to know what information is held about you and to access to your personal data.
- The right to have your data corrected or amended.
- The right to ask for your personal data to be deleted in certain circumstances.
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to request that your personal data which you have provided to us be transferred to you or a third party in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to further processing of personal data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please note that it may be lawful for us to continue processing your data without your consent if we have another legal basis for doing so (such as pursuing legitimate business interests listed in this Policy).
For more detailed information about these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please see https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/.
Information from children
GTI does not knowingly collect any personal data directly from children under 16. If we discover we have received any personal data from a child under 16 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that data as soon as possible. If you believe that we have collected personal data from children under the age of 16 without parental consent, please contact us using the Contact details below.
Transfer of data
We may transfer your personal data to other countries. Some of these countries may not have data privacy laws that provide equivalent level of protection as those in your country. However, we will only transfer the collected personal data to our officers, employees or subsidiaries and the transfer will be made for the performance of a contract between you and GTI or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request.
California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes once per calendar year. GTI does not sell or share your personal information with third-party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. To exercise this right, please contact us using the Contact details below.
Do not track
Some browsers have a “do not track” (DNT) feature that allows users to tell websites that they do not want to have their online activities be tracked. California law requires us to tell you whether we respond to the DNT request or not, although it does not require websites to follow such request. Accordingly, we hereby notify you that we do not follow the DNT request at this stage.
If you have any questions about this Policy or if you want to exercise any applicable rights in this Policy, please contact us at:
Gyrfalcon Technology Inc.
1900 McCarthy Blvd, Suite 208
Milpitas, CA 95035